Saturday, May 9, 2009

I'm In for 3!

We're all tired of the negativity in the media, so here's a fresh and proactive effort to boost this rotten economy. I always try to shop locally, and don't know what I would do if anything were to happen to my favorite brick and mortars. (Wouldn't life be dull if it were all Gaps and Walmarts?) I'm not advocating spending frivolously, nor am I bad-mouthing the big boxes out there. But right now, while our purse strings are tight, we should all try to spend a little more thoughtfully - and locally - whenever we can. Don't just hunker down and wait for things to change, participate in it. A little effort can go a long way. I encourage you to get out to your favorite mom and pops or other independent establishments and show your support. I'm certainly going to.

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! I too saw this and am in for my 3 here in Chicago. I also posted this on Facebook to spread the word.

    ReplyDelete